Monday, November 13, 2006

Help!

Ok, some of you might find this funny, some might find it offencive...

We have been dealing with mice in our house for a while now. Like some of you, I CAN'T live with the things. We have had the "snap-traps" all over our house. The mice seem to avoid the traps. It doesn't seem to matter what we put on the things. We have put everything on the traps that they have gotten into. So what do you do next?

I got really upset that these stupid mice were getting into all our food. Leaving their "calling card" everywhere. I have a lazy susan and there is a mess all over there every day. I clean it up daily, and then by that night, it is messed again.
So now what? Get a cat? we have a hamster that gets out once in a while, so I don't want it to get out and eatten by the cat...

So down to Canadian Tire I go. Very upset, and ready to do anything I can to get these stupid mice out of my house.
Snap traps... don't work...
live traps... what do you do with the mice once you catch them....
what else is there...


GLUE TRAPS!!!! that is such a great idea! They are soo sticky, nothing can get off them. You can fold them so that you don't have to see the mouse when it is caught on it... no worries right?
So, I buy as many as I can... thinking "gee.. the more we have the more mice we can catch, the less food we go through"
Ok...so the "folded" glue traps are all over the house. we don't have to worry about seeing it when it is stuck.. day one.... nothing day two... nothing day three... nothing again...

So.. lets open the traps and lay them flat! That will work.. there is more glue for them to have to walk on! Ya what a great idea! We know where they are hiding.. lets see what we can do with that right!
So we have 10 glue traps out, we know we have a few mice.
I send my sister down to the kitchen to make my son lunch for school. She comes back upstairs, and tells me the one in the lazy susan is not working, as the box of granola bars has been opened again. Great.. Now what right...
Well my 6 yr old son, heads to the cereal area, and SCREEMS! I go running in to see what the problem is.. There is a mouse on the glue trap at the back of the fridge. No big deal. My plan was to put it in a bag and take a hammer to it.
ok.. that isn't going to happen.. I can't do that to the poor thing. A hammer? I mean really... that is mean.. So now what do I do with the thing.. I am NOT picking up the trap with the live mouse on it! So, I leave it there... really people.. what do I do.. I can't face the poor thing... it is kinda cute...

Any suggestions??

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Ok.. no mouse.. because it ate itself off the trap! so will he be stupid enought to come back out, and try to move around our house again??

Sue said...

ooooooooooooooooooohhhh nooooo!

yikes. you ARE in a pickle. i am not one to really know what to do...i would have teh same hesitations about hammering- i don't think i could do. But perhaps i could commission someone else to do it...hmm....i just don't know.

oooh dear.

I hope that something works for you. :(
Change the containers you have?? perhaps get plastic, sealing containers from the dollar store for the items the mice are getting into??? i don't know. would that work? or do they nibble through plastic too??

so sorry about the mice-invasion. uk. you must feel so violated.
ik. take care dear.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we aren't the only ones with mice!!! but what happened to your "camp" solution?????? a bucket of water, a narrow piece of wood and peanut butter???? it did work once!!

Either that or do like pete did and chase them around with a broom.
Hope you have some luck - we did

mammasita said...

MOM ARE YOU A BLONDE?????????


CANT HAVE PEANUT BUTTER IN THE HOUSE WITH TAYLOR!!!!!

Unknown said...

Actually the traps _are_ armed with PB..... I know, I'm so horrible,I don't think of my sons well being.....