Friday, August 18, 2006

Dealing with a sad child

How do you deal with a child who is so upset that his "friends" are not coming to his birthday. I didn't think it would effect him so badly, but he is so upset. We had planned his party for Sunday afternoon. I have done a lot of things to get this party done for him, and yet, nothing works.
Next weekend (the 26th), is the peach festival, and there is a midway there. I hope that will help things, and that will give Taylor something to look forward to. There is lots going on that weekend, so I guess we will just have to try to make the best of it.

I forgot how rude kids could be. I am glad that my child had been thought to be polite, and not be mouthy with others. I am also glad that by the grace of God, we can teach him the way the Lord wants him to learn. God is so wonderful, and always ready to teach us.

When the pupil is ready the teacher appears

2 comments:

Sue said...

ooooooooooh how sad.

i'm sorry our plans failed for the weekend too. :( boohoo.

i truly hope all things shine for his party. oh the birthday child.

Loves to you three, from us here

DAve and JAnie said...

awww, sorry to hear taylor is disapointed. I imagine that you turned it into a good teaching opportunity, and he will know that no matter what his friends are doing, his family will always be there to celebrate him. I hope it turns out to be a great time for all of you!
Take care,
janie