Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Support

Well I don't know about Robyn but I was starting to feel a little stressed/down and out by the time Sunday came around. Finances weren't where I wanted them due to some questions around my hours and my cutting back on overtime outside of the shop because of it, I wasn't sleeping, it just sucked.

Monday morning on his way to the office Pastor Steve droped by, gave me our book for the study we're doing in small group and gave me a card from the group to "help us out with the airfare." I could have kissed him, altho I don't think it would have been apretiated, I was tempted to atleast hug him but I wasn't sure how that would go over either. It was such an amazing gift for us, I was to the point of wondering how I was getting to work today as I didn't have gas in the car, nor money to put it there. I'm not normally one to advocate monetary gifts but in this case it was such a blessing.

Today I was still bummed, finances were better, but I still felt down until I talked with my co-worker Paul. Paul and I have this weird relationship, he's like a older version of me who's gone through all the pains that I have/do and all the self-destructive parts of my personality. He knew exactly what I needed to hear as per usual but didn't have the words so off he went to find them (lyrics from a song.) Here it is, may not mean anything to anyone else, but then again it might it sure did to me.

"The sign said everybody welcome, come, kneel down and pray
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,
I didn't have a penny to pay, so I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine"

What really hit me most of all was I'm alive and doing fine. As much as I dwell on and get upset over the littlest things, I have to remember and be thankful to God that I'm alive and doing fine.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

We have a great church family, I am so happy with all the help we get from them!!

Sue said...

wow.hey, i am really glad you have a 'family' in the church you attend!! wonderful !! we will be praying for you guys as well--keep us posted!God is good.

-su