Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ok, I am not good with this anymore.. I guess this comes with having two children!
I hope to have some great photos for you after our wonderful night tonight. We have friends coming for dinner! I plan to BBQ a Turkey, yes thats right BBQ the turkey.
I miss being able to have people over, and cook for them. I am hoping that this will be the start to our return to entertaining. I enjoy having my house full of our friends and family. It is so much more fun then when you are home alone.

I got Nanny's recipe for Shortbread cookies from aunt Sal, and I can't wait to burn some!(Girls you know what I mean!!) I know that we are going home for Christmas, but I do want to get some baking done before, and maybe take it with us, or maybe just eat it all ourselves!
We are not going to put up our tree this year. It really doesn't make sense. We will be in Kenora for 3 weeks, including Christmas and New Years, so not much point in decorating here.
Well off I go to cleaning the house, and getting some of the preparations done for tonight!

4 comments:

mammasita said...

hey great hope everything turns out great im sure it will,
give me a call when you have a chance to chat. Im going to be home the next few days cleaning and what not!
cant wait to see you its just a month away!!

love ya
keyra - Elaina

Anonymous said...

I hope you make some great shortbread and bring it home cuz i'm sure i can't do it!!!
love ya

Niki Devereaux said...

We all loved your BBQ'd turkey dinner, the spread was delicious and the company was so entertaining!! Thanks again and look forward to more evenings together :)

Sue said...

hey girl

so good to hear little updates from your sweet fam.

take care.
su