Thursday, January 25, 2007

18+ entry to this post.. and not those with a weak tummy

Ok, so I will start off to tell you, that... Never have I felt like this when I have been pregnant in the past....
I have descovered the 4am nightly for the past month... I know I don't sleep well iln the first place.. but I mean.. come on.. do I really need to be up from 4-5am??
Ok, I understand that maybe my body is getting ready for the baby, and the times that the baby will be up during the night, but for an hour at a time? Do we really think a baby would be up that long at night? Was I that sleepy 6 yrs ago, and forget already? I don't mind the waking up, looking at the clock.... and telling myself, that I need my rest, to go back to sleep... that I am sure we can all deal with!

However... last night was a totally different story...


now for the 18+ and nobody with a weak tummy.


So 4am rolls around, Robyn wakes, lays in bed knowing it is 4am, and needs more sleep... when.. the tummy starts to roll... and roll.... and roll...
This being a normal part of pregnancy, I wait for it to pass, as it normally does after about 10 min or so. SO I wait... and wait.. and wait... then... all of a sudden... I have to pee.... like most pregnant women, it comes out of the blue, and if we don't hurry up and get there.. we might just be sitting in a mess.
So, I try to get out of bed, carefull not to wake Jason as he has to be up in just a few hours for work.... I rush to the bathroom, and have my pee... no big deal right.. except the tummy is still rolling.. and rolling...
So, lets just stay where we are.. the bathroom seems like the right place to be if one is going to get sick. Well, for those who have been in our house, you know how far away the tub and the toilet are.. and I am one of those people who need to be sitting on the toilet while I get sick.. or.. well.. you figure that out...
So, I get up, grab the garbage can, empty it into a grocery bag, and take it back to the bathroom with me. I sit back down, and try to relax, try to breath, try to enjoy the nice cold feeling of the tile wall.
Ya right.... next thing I know.. I am vomiting. I wake Jason (not on purpose), scare the cat half to death, and scare myself, as nothing is coming up.
I took a gravel before bed because I felt bad then, so I kept telling myself that I wouldn't vomit, because I took the pill. Jason.. the great man he is.. says.. "It doesn't last all night you know" Like I didn't know that.. I just had to fool myself into thinking I would be ok...
So 20 minitues later.. I am feeling better.. had a drink of my flat ginger ale, and clean up... back to bed I go..
No worries right.. the tummy is feeling better.. the head hurts from being ill, but that will go away... off to sleep I go...

Until my alarm goes off at 8am, telling me its time to get Aly and Taylor off to school... And the tummy starts again. When does it stop... I don't know.. I have not vomited this morning, but sure feel like it..

Everyone says by the second trimester that things settle down. I can only hope and pray for that. I don't think I could handle what Sophia went through. 9 mts of being sick.... no thanks.


Sorry to gross some of you out, but I had to vent, and get this all out.. lol
I know it will go away, it will just take time. I just have to be careful what I eat, and when.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

classymamma said...

Try having a Ziploc bad with some salted soda crackers by your bed every night, when you wake up, dont get out of bed, reach over and grab a cracker and kind of suck on it till it goes to mush, remember small bites. If you can handle the whole cracker then eat it all, wait a couple minutes if you can handle another one have another one slow......just a suggestion, that is what I had to do with both my kids.

Sue said...

ooooooooooooohhh poor dearie.

those days are not fun. praise God they only last for a short time....because it is the worst feeling to have to puke and not know when or where you may have to do it! ik.

poor girl. hope you can sleep better soon, hope the tummy rolls only for a short short time. can't wait to hear how your baby is growing.

I hear that ginger really helps nausia....i ate some ginger cookies...i don't know if they really worked, or if i just liked eating ginger cookies..haha.

love su.

mammasita said...

hey robyn,
eat banannas!!!
I remeber morning sickness with elaina is was deadly, I was sick til the last bit of the pregnancy,...
good luck...

Aly said...

i so cant belive u did not wake me up for how u keep sayin that u where so not quite... but whatever

Anonymous said...

your mum is chuckling at you ----no---with you....crackers beside the bed is the best advise...and your flat ginger ale...and keep talking to yourself cuz sometimes that helps too...and not to worry every mom talks to themselves!!!! lol we already know we are crazy...love you lots, hope you get thru this quick....I only had night sickness until Aly and well thats a whole different story!!!!