Monday, February 06, 2006

R.I.P. "Dimples" ?? I think not!

For those who ar interested in the saga of "dimples" the car (AKA, our '98 Dodge Neon family bus), here's what she looks like.



Definately looks like a write off eh? I mean, look at all that damage! For those who don't know me personaly I'm a very sarcastic person. Some how, the apraiser thinks that adds up to $4700 in damages! Here's a side look of the two fenders.




The damage continues you say? All those dents is how the car got it's fabled (well, atleast in my family) name. We bought it like that, it has various dings and dents all down the passengers side, we joke that the person who owned her before us parked "By feel." I missed taking a picture of the passengers door, there is a small scratch there I've been meaning to fix for a while now. All this was equated into the estimate, even after I had told both the body shop and the insurance company that this was pre-accident damage (heck, pre-weownedthecar damage.)!!!

Here's some shots of the bumper....






Wow, definatly worthy of replacing the entire bumper eh? Gotta push that estimate up far enough that we can total the car and give them $2000 less then a comperable replacement car will cost!

Couple quick under the hood shots. Now, I will admit, the easiest and cheapest way to fix the cross-member/rad support is to replace it, so I can't complain there...



Well, a call to my mom after the apraiser tried to get us to OK the write off (BTW, this guy is _good_ at what he does.... Dosn't give you a chance to say a thing, and definately takes control of the conversation, tell you what you're doing, not what he's doing for you) poke her a few times, give her some phone numbers and let her fly! (No offence mom, you're _good_ at what you do, standing up for people being @$#%ed by "The Man") So, by mom's numbers the estimate is more like $2500, minus our $500 deductable, means hopfully they won't write off the car.

Oh! Also, they wanted to replace the A/C condenser (Like a rad for your A/C system, what actualy cools the freeon) I told the guy "Um, that didn't work before the accident" he replies with "Well we have to fix it back to the way it was before the accident". Apparently they don't have to, and they're not. Telling them that if they replace the coil they're fixing the entire A/C system which would entail a lot of work (hence why it didn't work before) probably swayed them from that rule. Thanks Mom! :) Lets cross our fingers and pray that they decide to aprove it, because I sure can't afford to replace "dimples", besides, it just wouldn't be the same car....

BTW! This, is what I call a write off!



Ok, it looks much more dramatic in person....

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Look at the friggin' spot on the darn bumper from the other guys gosh darn license plate.... if I hit the breakes that hard to make our car nose dive like that.. and go UNDER his car, how was I careless? How was I to stop and faster.... Fred Flinstone couldn't have done a better job with his feet! Gosh darn police!

Unknown said...

Wow, that was very poilte and lacking any of the four-letter adjectives I would have normaly expected, no offence dear... :)

Anonymous said...

let her bitch jay... just let her bitch!
-Aly

DAve and JAnie said...

eeeekkkk, sorry to see that you were in a car accident. That is so crappy. I hope all the car stuff comes out on top for you. Sounds like you have a battle to fight!

Just stopping by while Corrina is napping. I like the hair cut! Short hair is amazing (if you ask me!) And i love the ikea finds. I am constantly jealous of all you Ontario livers, and all of my family in BC because you have an ikea! We in winnipeg have no such things. Rumour has it that one might be coming, but i think that it is all just talk. oh well...

Take care, and thanks for stopping by our blog!
Janie

Nepherus said...

The car looks fine to me... I dont see what they're bent out of shape about.. and the dents in the side?
only thing I can see wrong with it from those pics (maybe im blind) is the cracked rad, and the bent hood....