Wednesday, October 11, 2006

How does it work in your family....

So, how do the chores work in your family?
I have to admit, things are not going so good here. It sure isn't easy.
Since I am at home, I don't mind doing the washing/drying the laundry, folding it, but I leave it for everyone else to put away. I don't mind making supper, or other meals. However, I fee, that the person to cook, shouldn't be the one to do all the cleaning of the meal either. Maybe I am wrong, and I should just get use to doing all the house work, but I thought we could all share this. I did a lot of house work growing up, and when I was on my own, I also did the cleaning. When you are alone, you are the only one who can do the cleaning.
I think I am going to write out a chore chart for everyone, and see how that works. I think it will be ok, but who knows how that will work. I figure that will work out the best, and we can take it from there. I guess this is all a day by day event.

Sorry it has been so long since I have done an update, but I will try and get this done more now that I have my house some what back to normal....
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2 comments:

Sue said...

hey lady,

i think having a responsibility in the home is great for everyone. It doesn't have to be much, but it is a really good way of teaching kids that they are part of the family, and need to give back to it; never mind just the basic skills of cleaning, organizing and caring for things.

Tay's wife will thank you one day that he is capable of cleaning a dish, turning on a washing machine, or simply folding baby clothes ! hahaa. i thank D's mom because dave is really good at clearing the dishes (they had a rule that whoever cooks, doesn't clean).

:) i hope you guys have fun making a chore list that fits your family's needs! mommies need a break too. :)

love from sue

mammasita said...

Hi Robyn,
I agree that a chore list might work. I think that you should make it a family thing to make up!
Good luck with it!
Love you