Sunday, October 30, 2005

TOPS workshop

I spent the day yesterday at a workshop for Diabeties Education. I had a table for TOPS. I have never been a public speaker, so staying alone at this table was a bit hard for me. However, I think I reached out to many people about the importance of watching what you eat, and exercise. I had a hard time with this at the same time, only because 90% of the people that I was trying to speak to spoke little english, they spoke punjabi (sorry if I spelled that wrong). One of the handouts that I had with me was called "Emotional Eating", now thats my downfall. Ok, so lets face it women, who doesn't have that downfall. This past while I have sure noticed how important TOPS is to me. I am so thankful to all the members in ON#499 Brampton. Everyone is so encouraging, and always there to lend a helping hand.

No comments: