Friday, September 22, 2006

Awaiting Jason's return

Well it has been a very long week with Jason being in Alabama. I am so glad he is returning tonight. I just wish it was earlier then midnight, and not at TO airport!
Things have been very busy this week. Taylor has been having a hard time in school, and not wanting to listen to his teacher, kind of sounds like the wa he has been at home! I am sure that it is just a phase, and things will smooth out soon. Taylor has been working on his word sounds. I am looking for a good game that might keep him intrested in learning. I have found this past while, he has lost intrest. I don't know if he is bord, and beyond what we are teaching him, but it is rather upsetting with him not wanting to learn. I am sure that things will get better. I have been looking into different books that might get his intrest.
Things in our house are settling in. Now that we have a rutine, and things are getting done. Taylor is looking for other ways to sing Grace. we always do the "Jonny Apple seed" and he wants to learn more. We have tried to tell him, that you don't always have to sing Grace, but he is more intrested in singing, and said he will save his talking to God for bed time.
I am so very happy with him, and his faith in God. It is amazing how children have no fear, and just trust in the Lord. Why is it that we as adults have a hard time with trusting the Lord. I for instance, read my bible more then I read it to him. Yet he is so much stronger in his faith then I am. He knonws that God will always be there for us, that we can trus that God will not let us do without. Why do I have such a problem with that?
Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be knows to everyone. The lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

ASAP- Always say a prayer!

5 comments:

Sue said...

I have heard so many people say this. Even Jesus talked about it. I suppose kids don't always have the same "baggage" that we carry around to marr their opinion and knowledge of God,eh? Jesus said to us that we should have faith like that of a child,
"15-I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10.
I believe that children are very special in GOd's sight, because, although they ARE sinners, I think their hearts are softer than ours. I believe children see right and wrong much clearer than most adults. Although, naturally they will begin to excuse their behaviour and blame everyone else, just as Adam and Eve did.

But it truly is a glorious thing to see how God works in the heart of a child to reveal their need for a Savior. It is so raw, so willing and humbled, a good reminder to me that i need to be just as humbled and repentant to God.

A real picture of parenting eh R? :)
have a great day, sounds like you are learning and growing soooo much. i am truly proud of you and can't wait to hear what you learn next!!

much love. from ranting raving longwinded Sue

Robyn said...

Thanks Sue. It makes me feel good when i hear things like this. I am so happy to be learning more and more every day. God is ever present in my eyes!

Sue said...

HEY, how are those morning bible times coming???

i have committed to pray for you during that time...although, i usually end up doing it the night before...because by 9 am i can't recall anything i pledged to do the day before! yikes. bad sue. but, do tell, how is it going for you??

Robyn said...

Thank you Sue! It is a hard process, but I know wonce I get in a routine it will be easier. I have been doing good so far, and pray that I will continue!

Sue said...

awesome way to go lady! i still have trouble sitting down for Godtime.

keep truckin'!