Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The geek report, v0.1

Well, I've spent most of the day in front of my eMac at work. Got our little LCD touchscreen back finally, still don't know what we're going to do with it.... I've been writing code in Java for temperature monitoring for use on the Dallas Semiconductors TINI board we have here (small single board computer running a Java VM) that's progressing well. Got our first service ever for a Westermo device, a simple FSK modem. Looked like everything was fine till I tried it's RS422/485 bus and it wouldn't transmit. Opened it up and found a cracked resistor, replaced it and it's companion (also open) and put it back on the shelf. Nothing else planed at work, just ride the rest of the day out and wait for my lovely girlfriend to come get me :) Can't wait to spend some time with her, maybe we can go for a walk tonight....

No comments: