Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Time together



Well yesterday Jason took the day off work, so he and I could spend some time together. It was so nice to get out, and enjoy the heat. The weather was kinda hot, but thats ok, we can deal with that.
We went to a few waterfalls in the morning, but didn't take the camera, we kinda forgot. So when we went out in the afternoon, I made sure we had it.
There were some really nice "parks". So many nice places to visit, and see the waterfalls of the area. With Hamilton being built on the Niagra Esscartment, there sure are a few of them around.


There are so many different types of Waterfalls. I wish I understood them all. I think my fav would be the curtin style falls (Niagra Falls would be a Ribbon falls).
I can't wait to go back to some of these spots in the fall and see what they look like with the changing of the leaves.
These falls are just above the 403. You get to walk along the rock cut above the 403, and see the falls on one side, and the highway on the other!



Flowers that I saw in one of the walks we did, I would love to know the names of them if any one has any ideas! I would love them to be put in my garden next year!



We wanted to go to the one falls, but when we got to the Conservation area, the path was closed! The Tiffany Falls are located in Ancaster, not that far away. They do ice climbing there also. I wish we could have gone to see it, but the path was closed, it was kind of disapointing! Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful pictures R. looks like a lovely day of walking!!! how fun!

the falls are so pretty...oh i miss seeing hills and falls and forests on hills.....sigh.

i don't know a lot of flower names, but the picture on the left looks like impatients??? perhaps. someone else could varify??

have a good day!!

mammasita said...

you guys look like you had fun.
its good to get out just the two of you sometimes.
I wish I could fix everything and go out and do nice stuff with andrew